September 3, 2008

Week Eight-Ten (Retrograde)

I apologize for my apparent disappearance from the world these past few weeks, though on the advice of a number of people, I'll return to my regular weekly entries upon my return to India in a few days (And also will be posting a special Amerika addition touching on my momentary re-immersion back 'home', written primarily on street corners and in public transportation in the dual orbiting satellites of New York and Philly).

I'm not going to recount everything that finished up my last few weeks of summer in India, though I will post a couple more fruit pictures I valiantly took, but explain away my disappearance in a summarizing manner. Mostly, I suppose I stopped writing because we got an internet connection in our apartment so instead of doing more useful things I endlessly browsed the New York Times website, excusing my laziness as a requisite 'need to stay connected' to 'issues in the United States'. Reading articles on new restaurants and little old women traipsing through the upper west side do not however qualify as pertinent issues. Right now the internet is disconnected and it might stay that way.

More importantly however, my lapse stems from the recent development of a bona fide 'life' developing for me in India, meaning I'm living a little less in my head and more in the world, with people and new acquaintances (both local and foreign) and have recently found myself occasionally busy, a strange change in the mindset of my day to day. This means less time blatantly set aside for staring at ceilings, sweating, and thinking, and more time doing and seeing and thinking as a side effect in between. Also this means some more private and less PG things happening in my life that I don't quite feel comfortable posting on a general 'travel' blog. I want to write about these things but might figure out a way to divvy them out privately. A new small notebook now rests at my side so that I might blog on paper and then type it in later, a tactic that served me well whilst in the United States.

Long story short: a promised return, a more interesting and less redundant line of thought, exciting adventures (one hopes), and eight more months ahead of me back in India.